Sustainable and responsible timber sourcing
Here at The Furniture Market we have a real passion for high quality furniture and timbers that have been sustainably sourced. -
We (The Furniture Market.co.uk Ltd) are recognised as an “operator” when it comes to placing timber on the EU market and we continuously working to make sure that all timber products we sell meet EUTR regulations as this is our legal obligation.
- We check that products are classified correctly in terms of qualities, species and quantities on official customs documents - If not, we take action to get the customs declaration corrected.
- Products must be legally exported from the exporting country - We check the legislation of the country of export.
- We verify that there is evidence of customs fees having been paid.
- If any timber species contained in a product is included in the CITES list of endangered tree species, we will check that there is a valid CITES licence.
- If the export country has an EU endorsed Timber Legality Assurance System (TLAS) under the FLEGT programme, then the product shall be accompanied by a valid FLEGT licence - We will check the validity of the FLEGT licence.
The Furniture Market.co.uk Ltd regularly evaluates and updates our due diligence system regarding the importing of illegal timber and keeps up to date with any new developments via The Office for Product Safety & Standards.