COVID 19 – Company Delivery Statement – Updated 20th January 2021
Please be rest assured that we are open and delivering safely during the national lockdown.
Our showroom is the only part of the business that will be closed in line with the Government restrictions.
We have adopted a COVID-19 safe working policy throughout our business, to ensure the safety of our team and customers at all times.
Delivery is Free of Charge but some temporary restrictions are currently in place due to lockdown restrictions.
Smaller items of furniture (i.e. bedsides, stools etc) are being safely delivered using DPD Next Day couriers on a weekday of your choice.
Larger items of furniture are being delivered safely by our own in-house delivery drivers but under these COVID-19 safety measures:
- One Man Delivery to a Ground Floor – This is a temporary delivery service where our delivery driver will place your furniture into your entrance hallway on a ground floor. He will be using a sack trolley to carry large items so please ensure you have a clear unobstructed route to ensure a safe and contactless delivery can take place.
- We will resume back to our normal 2 Man Delivery to room of choice service starting 1st March 2021. If our temporary one man delivery service to a ground floor entrance is not suitable for you then please select your chosen delivery date after 1st March.
- Assembly Services are not available until the 1st March – Sorry but due to the lockdown restrictions we have temporarily paused our two man delivery to room of choice and our assembly service. This service will resume as normal from the 1st March. If you would like to add the assembly service to your order then please give us a call and we can arrange this over the phone. This assembly service will be offered on all orders starting the 1st March.
- Social Distancing Rules Apply - For the safety of yourselves and our delivery team please ensure you stay 2m apart whilst your delivery takes place.
- Contactless delivery will be made - Photographic proof of delivery will be taken (no need to sign any paperwork).
- Drivers will ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times using gloves, face masks and hand sanitising before deliveries take place.
We offer FREE Delivery to England, Wales and Southern Scotland (sorry we do not deliver to North Scotland or any off-shore islands).
TYPES OF DELIVERY
Due to the latest Government lockdown restrictions we have paused our normal 2 man delivery service and are not operating an assembly service at this time. We will resume our normal 2 man delivery and assembly services starting the 1st March 2021.
Free One Man Delivery to Ground Floor (this is our temporary delivery service until 1st March)
Larger items (beds, sideboards, wardrobes etc) will be delivered using our own in-house One Man delivery driver who will deliver your furniture to a ground floor entrance hallway providing you have a clear unobstructed route to ensure a safe and contactless delivery can take place. Please ensure you have provision to move your furniture into your intended room.
You can select your delivery day at checkout. In order for us to be able to offer Free delivery we have to deliver in geographical areas on set days, we then plan the delivery route in geographical order. We are then able to give you a 3 hour delivery time slot two days before your delivery takes place and also on the day of delivery we will call you 30mins beforehand.
If our temporary one man delivery service is not suitable for you and you require a 2 man delivery to room of choice then please select a delivery date from the 1st March as we will be resuming back to our normal 2 man delivery service then. Assembly services will also be offered on all orders from this date.
Free Next Day Delivery
Small items (bedsides, stools, scoop dining chairs etc) are delivered using DPD couriers to offer you a free next day delivery service on a day of your choice. This is a safe contactless delivery method as the items are delivered to your front door. If you order a small item as part of a larger order with a larger item of furniture then we will combine the delivery of all your items and delivery them together using our in-house delivery team.
Pallet Delivery (£50 per order)
On selected products we also offer a Pallet Delivery service for an additional charge of £50 per order. Pallet deliveries can take place on a weekday of your choice. The pallet delivery driver will deliver your pallet to a ‘road curbside’ only and you must be able to unpack the pallet, carry your furniture into your home and also dispose of the wooden pallet. We recommend that you have two people available to take delivery of your order on a pallet. You can select a Pallet Delivery service at checkout.
Please note that certain products like Beds, Mattresses etc are excluded from this Pallet Delivery service as these items are too large to fit on a wooden pallet.
Guaranteed Delivery Satisfaction
Unlike other retailers we do not out-source our main one man delivery service to external couriers, we take great pride in the excellent service that our own delivery team offers. We understand that furniture has to be handled very carefully and delivery into your home needs to be undertaken with careful consideration to ensure no breakages or damage is caused to your property. You can be rest assured that your delivery will take place on time and guarantee satisfaction.
If you have any questions then please call us on: 01829 759 259 or email us at: [email protected]
Thank you for your continued support from all the team @ The Furniture Market