COVID 19 – Company Delivery Statement – Updated 12th April 2021
Please be rest assured that we are open and delivering in line with national social distancing guidelines
We have adopted a COVID-19 safe working policy throughout our business, to ensure the safety of our team and customers at all times.
Smaller items of furniture (i.e. bedsides, stools etc) are being safely delivered using DPD Next Day couriers on a weekday of your choice.
Larger items of furniture are being delivered safely by our own in-house 2 Man home delivery team but under COVID-19 safety measures:
- Free 2 Man Delivery to room of choice – Our delivery drivers will place your furniture in the room of your choice providing there is a clear unobstructed route to ensure a safe and contactless delivery can take place.
- Assembly Services are still available - We can still carry out a 'Premium Delivery Service' where we will unbox, assemble the furniture if required and remove and recycle your packaging for a small fee.
- Social Distancing Rules Apply - For the safety of yourselves and our delivery team please ensure you stay 2m apart whilst your delivery takes place.
- Contactless delivery will be made - Photographic proof of delivery will be taken (no need to sign any paperwork).
- Drivers will ensure safety standards are adhered to at all times using gloves, face masks and hand sanitising before deliveries take place.
We offer FREE Delivery to England, Wales and Southern Scotland (sorry we do not deliver to North Scotland or any off-shore islands).
TYPES OF DELIVERY
Free Next Day Delivery
Small items (bedsides, stools, scoop dining chairs etc) are delivered Free of charge using DPD Parcel Couriers on a weekday of your choice. This is a safe contactless delivery method as the items are delivered to your front door. If you order a small item as part of a larger order with a larger item of furniture then we will combine the delivery of all your items and delivery them together using our in-house 2 man delivery team.
Free 2 Man Delivery
Larger items (beds, sideboards, tables, wardrobes etc) are delivered using our own in-house 2 man delivery team. So you can be rest assured your delivery will take place carefully and on time. You can select your delivery day at checkout. In order for us to be able to offer Free 2 man delivery we have to deliver in geographical areas on set days, we then plan the delivery route in geographical order. We are then able to give you a 3 hour delivery time slot two days before your delivery takes place and also on the day of delivery we will call you 30mins beforehand.
Pallet Delivery (£50 per order)
On selected products we also offer a Pallet Delivery service for an additional charge of £50 per order. Pallet deliveries can take place on a weekday of your choice. The pallet delivery driver will deliver your pallet to a ‘road curbside’ only and you must be able to unpack the pallet, carry your furniture into your home and also dispose of the wooden pallet. We recommend that you have two people available to take delivery of your order on a pallet. You can select a Pallet Delivery service at checkout.
Please note that certain products like Beds, Mattresses etc are excluded from this Pallet Delivery service as these items are too large to fit on a wooden pallet.
Guaranteed Delivery Satisfaction
Unlike other retailers we do not out-source our 2 man deliveries to external couriers, we take great pride in the excellent service that our own 2 man delivery team offers. We understand that furniture has to be handled very carefully and delivery into your home needs to be undertaken with careful consideration to ensure no breakages or damage is caused to your property. You can be rest assured that your delivery will take place on time and guarantee satisfaction.
If you have any questions then please call us on: 01829 759 259 or email us at: [email protected]
Thank you for your continued support from all the team @ The Furniture Market